This past weekend, P and I had a huge role reversal. P ran a race and I, along with the girls, spectated. The race was the Walk to Empower, or in P's case, RUN FAST AS HELL to Empower. It's a huge deal, with people walking or running to support people affected by breast
cancer (which has got to be everyone).
The race/walk was a 5K in downtown Chicago. Weather was amazing, and it takes place on Mother's Day. I can't think of a better way to spend Mother's day morning. I loved that our kiddo's could experience the race, the atmosphere, the kindness, quitness but also, somehow, joyous occasion.
P raced a perfect race! She booked the entire race and finished much faster than anticipated. T was on my back, and was content with people watching. M looked for Mommy, and managed to miss her everytime she went by, despite the fact that P stood out with a fluorescent pink shirt.
We then took P out to an amazing brunch at Sweet Maple Cafe in Lil' Italy, an area which we seem to always overlook for dining options despite being so close! 
Sweet Maple's version of MickeyMouseP'cakes, which I like much better, but I'm not sure what the circles above the blue berries are!???
Hey man - no duplication of pictures on the blogs. I can't be having my blog time used up with repeats from one blog to another. A-aigh?
ReplyDeleteLooks like your lady was flying!
ReplyDeleteThe picture of Penny in front of the port-0-lets make it look crappy
ReplyDelete